EVERYTHING you need to know for Shutterfest Lip Sync Battle 2.0! + Jason’s doomsday travel kit!
ShutterFest is just a few weeks away! I’ll be honest, packing really stresses me out, especially when I’m bringing gear. I always want to make sure I pack as little as possible, and it always proves to be difficult. The struggle is real folks!
I inevitably forget some random thing, so I’ve put together a little travel kit that always goes in my carry on. It contains everything from the worst case scenario to a simple creature comfort. One of the problems with air travel today is that you just never know how long your day is going to be. A simple 90-minute flight could easily turn into an epic journey lasting days, and there’s nothing worse than having a health issue that can easily be solved by an OTC drug you forgot to pack.
Jason’s Doomsday Travel Kit:
- Fill a small pill case with 4 of each: Tylenol/Zantac 150/Imodium/Z-quil tablets and Claritin.
- Chapstick. After 4 days in a hotel your lips will be thankful.
- In-Flight Refreshing Facial Mist by Kiehl’s. You can take my man card, but I tell you, two sprays from this stuff (discreetly in the bathroom) on a long flight is like heaven.
- Since you’ve revoked my man card, a comfortable sleep mask is an awesome thing to have for those red eyes or that hotel room with the broken shades.
- EAR PLUGS! From crying babies on the plane to that “enthusiastic” couple in the room next to you, I promise these will come in handy.
- Mini battery charger + cable. Get a cheap charging cable off of Amazon. This has come in handy so many times when I needed a little boost to get an Uber from the airport.
- One sleeve of Strawberry Pop-Tarts. They are most delicious after about 18 hours of travel.
- 2 mini bottles of Jack Daniels. You know, for an emergency. Put them in a separate bag as you’ll need to pull that out through security.
All of this will fit in a 1 quart Ziplock baggie for easy access. Put one of these together for your next trip with the items you need, and I promise you will make it through our airways refreshed and ready to take on the convention. What did I miss? What do you put in your doomsday bag?
Now that you’re relaxed and ready to go, I’m here to give you the lowdown on one of the best events happening! The 2nd Annual Lip Sync Battle 2018 is on like Donkey-Kong!
Want to take on some of your FAVORITE ShutterFest Speakers in a one-on-one Lip Sync Battle on Wednesday night? Here’s how:
- Visit the Fyrfly-Songfreedom Battle Booth during the tradeshow to audition! You may audition as a solo act OR come as a team! You may audition as many times as you like!
As a bonus, EVERYONE who auditions will receive an awesome Trucker Hat!
What’s your jam?
- Choose your song!
- Give us your best performance! Remember this is YOUR chance to beat Sal and the speakers!
- The top 10 Battlers will get a text to come back to the booth for Round 2 of auditions on Wednesday.
- Callbacks will take place on Wednesday between 10AM and 4PM at the Fyrfly-Songfreedom Battle Booth.
- Bring your A-Game! Only 5 attendees will advance to the finals to compete against the ShutterFest Speakers at the Lip Sync Battle on Wednesday night.
- The Finals will take place on the Lip Sync Battle Stage in the Grand Hall at 8:30pm Wednesday Night.
- The top 5 attendees will now face the ShutterFest Speakers.
- Your Emcee for the night, Jason Groupp, will pull speaker names from a hat to choose which speakers battle against which attendees. Each attendee and speaker will perform their choice of song.
- Once all 5 battles are complete, we will then turn to the crowd for their vote. The speaker or attendee who gets the most applause will be the grand prize winner and get to take home “The Golden Microphone!”
Trust us – you don’t want to miss this!